Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another one bites the dust

So last week I got the new section of fence put up. Looks pretty good! I got totally sunburned because it was a totally awesome spring day, too. :) It is my Rite of Spring where I make up for all the vitamin D I didn't get all winter or something.

IMG_2876

I had some materials left, so I returned them. I held back one sack of cement because I had a sinking feeling I was going to need it. I was right - the next day one of the gateposts on the other side of the yard shattered. It looks like it just freakin exploded.

Poor gate :(

You might have to click to embiggen, but all the pinkish-red? That's the inside of the damn post. Totally jacked up. But then Zach popped up on Facebook and was like "hey wanna go to the Derby" and that completely distracted me from my not really fenced backyard.

Today I painted some inside the house and figured out what to do about that gate. There's two other ways to the other part of the property, only a few yards away, but it's a convenient gate so I decided to save the other half of the gate. But then it got windy. I went out to check the mail and FFFFFFFFFFFF THE OTHER GATE IS BROKEN. So I guess that's easy enough - I am not rebuilding gates there, so I'll just go back to Lowes and re-buy fencing materials that I just returned and throw a fence up where the gate used to be.

And check out my awesome redneck cowgirl belt buckle!


I won the buckle at the convention - it's California poppies, from the CSHA. I spent weeks dithering about which belt to buy to go with it, and finally settled on one and got it in the mail earlier this week. It's no Tevis buckle, but it'll do for now. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the buckle! Geez-I haven't won one of those since 1999. Ugghhh!

    The fence looks great. Bummer the 2 gate posts exploded. These fixer-upper places we have...if it's not one thing, it's another. ;-)

    On the moving thing and keeping up with your endurance riding...that's good that you will be able to keep up with it. There's always been barrel racings at wherever I have moved to as well. It's just a matter of finding them and getting into the local groove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an appropriate buckle since you are going to be come an awesome californian soon, and belong to the best state ever!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!