Monday, March 3, 2014

Packing up and moving to our very own domain

I'm not 100% settled in to my new home, but I think it's readable enough and it's got all my posts/comments, so I'll let yall take a look at fundersgoodidea.com

A few questions I'm anticipating:
  • Funder.com is prohibitively expensive, because people who fund things can spend a lot of money on URLs. :-/ Stupid venture capitalists.
  • Yep, it's Wordpress. I don't like the backend as much as Blogger's, but Blogger is so irritatingly buggy and WP is much more customizable. I'm bored with the devil I know and I'm trying a new one.
  • I think you don't have to make an account or anything to comment, just username/email address. Let me know if it's broken.
  • The header images are random, so you'll see something different on each individual blog entry. (Hopefully.) They're all cropped out of photos I took on rides, because this is the best sport ever and you see the best scenery
  • I am still fighting with the sidebars, so one day soon I'll get all of your blogs lined up over there and get the calendar/categories thing under control. 
  • Yes, you can just paste http://www.fundersgoodidea.com/feed/ in your RSS reader. (If you haven't found a replacement for Google Reader, go try out feedly.com -- it's pretty much the same as Reader was but better.)
Anyway, there's a new post up over there. Go check it out. 

2 comments:

  1. I've always liked the "Funder's good idea" name -- I'm glad it's sticking around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Way ahead of me on this one! I get sick of all of blogger's glitches, but don't think I have the savvy for Wordpress?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!