Friday, September 16, 2011

Disaster

(Not to me or mine - don't freak out, Mom!)

I never blog about the news - that's what the media is for - but this one is literally so close to home.  We live about five miles from Reno-Stead airport, and every year they have air races.  I kinda worry about a plane crashing on my house, but it's far back in the ranks of worries, like a big earthquake or a wildfire.  Well, tonight a P-51 crashed into the stands on the last race of the night.  Apparently it's pretty bad.  My heart goes out to the victims.

Volunteering at the

12 comments:

  1. So scary to have something like that happen so close to home. Good thoughts to all out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just reading about this. OMG. What a tragic accident. Praying for everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heard this on the radio this morning. it's not often anything that happens in america makes the news here (besides what obama is up to).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funder--I have friends that attend that event every year. They were there at the time, but are fine. I was so scared until I reached them. And my thoughts are with the families and friends of those who were injured and/or died.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bad deal indeed ! We've been so busy with people and horses I had no idea about this until just a few minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awful! My heart goes out to all affected.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about this earlier today and some of the details were a little too descriptive for me... so tragic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw the video while I was at the gym, that was pretty awful. Nine dead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're always so exciting to watch - until tragedy strikes...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!