Sunday, May 6, 2012

Another 50 in the bag :fistpump:

Just got home from my thrilling yet relaxing weekend. We finished the Sunday 50 at Washoe Valley - 22nd place, IIRC, total time of about 9:40, ride time of 8:25. I was shooting for about 10 hours total, so that's exactly where I wanted to be. Dixie is tired and sound. I am tired, with a bunged up knee from when I got off to lead her down a steep road and slipped on the sand. Cers is just delighted to be home.

I keep alternating between crying and giggling. We did it! She's so amazing. My horse rules. More later.

26 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Go Dixie (and you too!) can't wait for the full story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAHH! Congrats to you both and can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Sorry about your knee but everything else is excellent news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!!! Glad to hear you had a good ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Can't imagine riding 50 miles in a day, though, seeing as I struggled with 35km ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you definitely have yourself a proven ENDURANCE horse :) So happy for you guys. Dixie girl has come a long way. ~E.G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! can't wait to hear the detailed report!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great start to your season! Marvelous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HIgh Five !! Good job :) Can't wait to read about it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did it!!! Doing the happy dance for you! Anxious to hear all about it! (You fell in SAND and bunged your knee? LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where is the LIKE button?!!! Congrats. Can't wait to hear (see/read) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ten hours??!! Congratulations, and I can't wait for the details!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Dixie are my heroes! Can't wait for the long version. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always reading! So awesome for you guys; what an accomplishment!! I remember when she was a total spaz.

    I'm going to be honest. I rode for three hours the other day and felt like I was going to die. 10 hours? Woman you are fabulously crazy.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!