Friday, November 5, 2010

So beautiful

Last night I thought the sunset behind Dixie was really pretty. I don't usually notice clouds to the north.
IMG_1461

Then it got prettier to the west!
IMG_1463

Then it just got absurd. It looked like the crappy airbrushed t-shirt you bought when you were 12 to prove you went to Florida over the summer.
IMG_1465

Eventually it faded out to a sort of gorgeous bruised color, if a bruise could ever be gorgeous.
IMG_1470

That night I got the cats really stoned on catnip and the Weird One came up on the couch, purred a lot, and snuggled up with me. (He's really odd; this is extraordinary behavior for him.)
IMG_1472

Today I loved on my fat horse for a while. She told me she was very itchy and needed extra scratching. Unfortunately she's white so extra scratching just brings up the dirt from her coat.
IMG_1480

Fat fat dirty girl. (How do I tell what kind of searches get me hits? I bet I get some confused clicks from that phrase.)
IMG_1486

She was sure the phone was actually edible.
IMG_1482 IMG_1483 IMG_1484 IMG_1485

Poor starving pony.

Then the sun set and it was fabulous again.
IMG_1487

Tomorrow I'll put up a real post, I promise. :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a *real* post to me! Neat photos...Except the un-neat pics of a dirty horse. Believe me, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colors - we've been having those too, but more in the morning. Gotta love a dirty white horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Catnip does the trick! My new kitty eats it all up like food!
    Loved the sunsets but your descriptions...humm, too funny!

    Loved the nosin' photos!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sunsets are amazing!

    I don't think I'll ever choose to own a white/grey horse - they show their dirt too much. My mud-colored bay? Heck, you can't even tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a real post!....What better than natures display and a horse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful sunset! And, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose horse thinks the phone/camera is edible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not sure if Blogger has something built in that would show you site stats, but if not, you can easily use a free service like StatCounter or Google Analytics.

    I've used both those services at one time or another, and they're both ok. StatCounter tends to be more real-time, but doesn't carry the history very long. Google Analytics updates once a day, but keeps the historical data much longer.

    Once you sign up with one, they will give you a little block of code that you will need to add to your template. All you have to do is use Blogger's template editing feature and put the code block in there.

    Then you'll be able to log into the stat program's site and see all sorts of information about your visitors, including what key words they use to find you.

    And if you think "fat fat dirty girl" will get you some interesting results, try having a site with "x" in the name...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you get some beautiful colors out there!

    And there is nothing at wrong having a fat, fat dirty girl in your pasture...especially this time of year when being a little on the fat side means they come out of winter perfectly happy. :D

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!