Friday, February 13, 2009

Cersei got a Valentine's treat!

I am a heartless wench who does not usually give holiday treats to pets.

Well, ok, fine, I always buy way too many Christmas presents for my animals, but that's just because I cannot resist Christmas junk. But OTHER holidays, no way. Mainly because I don't usually celebrate other holidays - for example, I think you should be romantic with your honey EVERY day, not just February 14th. So no heart shaped rawhides for Cersei!

I did a lot of pre-moving running around today. When I got home, I realized I'd forgotten a 2-liter of Coke for the all-important Friday night "drink and play Guitar Hero" ritual. So I grabbed Cersei and took her to the gas station up the street.

When I got out of the truck, a guy was getting out of his truck and noticed Cersei. He said she was cute, and I said her name is Cersei, and we went in. I got my 2 liter and he got three bags of ice. I was in line in front of him, but he had more stuff so I told him to go ahead. When I got out, he came up and handed me a cute little Valentine's bag of dog treats for her! So she got a V-day treat because she's super cute. :3

Tomorrow's feast is probably going to be rib-eye steaks, some form of potatoes (baked? crash? au gratin?), creamed spinach for me, and homemade creme brulee. I hope yall have a wonderful V-day with your sweeties tomorrow :)

5 comments:

  1. I don't love potatoes, but here is my favourite receipe:

    -Preheat oven to 425 and move one shelf to the lowest rack
    -3lbs of small red potatoes. The smallest you can find. Other colours work OK, but red is yummiest.
    -Cut potatoes in half. Not quarters or thirds.
    -Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsps of salt and 1 of pepper (or any other salty seasoning -- I use the Club House veggie seasoning), rosemary and about 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. I usually add some green onion as well -- you can honestly use anything that might taste good as long as you have enough oil.
    -Spread halved potatoes on a cookie sheet with the flat section down and bake for 30 minutes. The plat parts will be nice and crispy and the rest of the potato will be lovely and tender. Very easy recipe and always a pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really not crazy about them either, but Graham likes them and I don't dislike them.

    Have you tried those Yukon Gold potatoes? They are super yummy - thin yellow skin, texture sort of in-between red and white potatoes.

    Your recipe sounds quite tasty. We might try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee Cersei rates with nice strangers!
    Dp's receipe I am going to try.
    Creme Brulee...oh baby!
    Well we are haing steak and spinach salad(my way-fruit and nuts with feta too) and Bread puddin' for desert....coming right up about now!
    Thanks for the HEARTY wishes!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Drink and play Guitar Hero" reminds me of New Year visting the US a couple of years ago. Danielle's friends were really into this. Is this a common form of entertainment? Guitar Hero seems like the sort of activity where one thinks that one is doing better as one drinks more! Therefore ideal for parties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm dinner was tasty!

    Getting back to WHP's question - it is a very common party game. Lots of fun to get trashed and then \m/ ROCK OUT \m/ But at the same time, it's fun to just drink a few beers and work on improving. It reminds me of playing tetris with choreographed music.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!