Friday, August 7, 2009


Well I almost fucked up but fixed it in the nick of time.

Monday I called the vet to give them my CC# for the Coggins/health cert charges. The receptionist got my name, card number, CCV number, address, etc. Today I realized that the paperwork should not go to me but should go to the barn! I called back and yay, the Coggins hasn't come back from the lab yet. Crisis narrowly averted. Can you imagine how horrible it would be if the Coggins went to my Ohio address and got forwarded to Reno while we were still on the road?

I talked to the shipping broker today - he's waiting for his actual shipper to give him a date. Hopefully I'll get a date on Monday. If not, it'll suck but I trust my current BO to take good care of Dixie and get her loaded whenever.

The people-shippers are packing and loading our stuff on Tuesday, so we're heading out Tuesday. Wednesday and Thurs we'll spend in Memphis, then Fri in Witchita, Sat in Denver, Sun in Salt Lake, and Monday in Reno. I think. Plans subject to change!


  1. Good luck travelling! I hope that everything works out well for you.

  2. Wow--when you change, you really change, and you do it in a hurry!

    Enjoy the trip

  3. Man you ARE speedy!! Good luck and safe travels!!

  4. Hope your trip is safe and that all involved arrive safe and sound. Sorry I never got to meet you in your short stay here in Ohio. Keep on ridin'! If you ever make it back to the Buckeye State, drop me a line.

  5. Coggins are a PIA and some people think they are unnecessary overtesting....glad you caught yours before it went off to Ohio. Good luck with the move - how exciting!


Feel free to comment!