Thursday, April 12, 2012

And the FLOWERS are STILL STANDING

I was going to title this "the rug is yanked out from under me" but that phrase always makes me think of the scene from Ghostbusters:



I just discovered that High Desert has been rescheduled. (THANK YOU, ~C!) There's a tiny little notice on the AERC website, if you happen to think to check it before you, oh, BUY ICE and PACK YOUR TRAILER, but no, I did not get a phone call or an email or a Facebook posting. I am wicked pissed.

And I'm incredibly disappointed. I feel like the tablecloth has been yanked out from under me. I was in such a mood, all day - I have been hoping and planning and training for this for ten and a half months. I wussed out at ROM but I'd screwed up my courage to enter the 50 at HD. And all of a sudden, I've got no 50 this weekend. Whiskeytown is full. I don't have a health cert, cause I wasn't planning on leaving Nevada. And I don't even have a Coggins yet - I didn't need one for HD and I was going to get it in early May when I get her teeth done!

So right now my New Plan is to do 25/25. I'll go out to Red Rocks tomorrow or Saturday, hopefully with some friends, and do 25 miles out there, then trailer to Silver Springs for the NEDA on Sunday and do another 20 then. Well. I guess that's not 25/25, it's more like "20 and I'm bored / 20 and we're done" but WHATEVER.

I mean, look at this horse. THIS HORSE NEEDS RODE.



Bah.

22 comments:

  1. Ah, bummer!! I can't believe in the world of IM, you have to search for cancellations! I'd have been pissed, too. And talk about all revved up with no where to go... (name that song).

    Have fun with Plan B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer!
    Love the video. Is there anything prettier than a horse running for pleasure, especially one with a long flowing mane? Heck no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be fair - the neighbor was RIDING one of his bays. Can you believe it? What better excuse to run around like a crazed mare!! ;)

      Delete
  3. What a frustrating thing! Why did they cancel it? Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH. Guess I left that out. It got cancelled for a perfectly rational reason - too much rain recently and the parking field is soggy. BUT NOBODY TOLD US, GRRRR

      Delete
  4. SEE YOU AT WHISKEYTOWN!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Storm willing oh god settle down storm

      Delete
  5. Soggy parking field? What kind of an excuse is that?!? Call the "Home on the Range" folks from eastern WA-state!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lousy :-(
    We all feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funder--You would not believe how much rain we got here last night. I sure hope northern California got less, for the sake of your ride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man... I am so sorry. There is nothing worse than looking forward to something for MONTHS and then finding out it's not happening.

    *sad face for you*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dixie looks great!!! That's a problem with endurance horses, used to going great distances then stuck in a short run space. We had a slightly lesser problem with the Mustangs this winter for the same reason. They were used to running totally free on thousands of acres for 5 months, but this year they were stuck in their 1/2 acre corral. No wonder Jesse would break out now and then just to go for a run. At least the neighbors were good enough to just laugh at our guys, knowing they are not hard to catch - as soon as they are done with their run, anyway.
    Bionic Cowgirl

    ReplyDelete
  10. How random is it that I was watching Ghostbusters last night and saw this scene?

    Sorry your ride was cancelled, but it sounds like you have a fun weekend planned anyway. Assuming the weather cooperates, of course. Fingers crossed, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bummer. That would take the wind out of my sails, too.
    I'm planning on doing back to back ACTHA rides next weekend, so far the weather is looking great. But I wanted to tell you how lucky you Nevadans are when signing up for organized group horse events. Here in New Mexico we have to show a negative coggins certificate for ALL organized group horse events, even if we live in state! Is that ridiculous, or what?

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sucks! When my shows get cancelled, they wait until 6:30PM the night before to make the call. By then I'm already packed, horse bathed, clipped, banded, and have all my groceries bought and ready to go. At least they tell us, though.

    Enjoy the new plans!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rats! Enjoy the revised plans with your darling poneh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe Nevada people don't have awesome valet parking tractors like the awesome Eastern Washington farmers? Sadness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I have 3 here that need to be rode too. If you had a coggins and health cert, I'd tell you I'd see ya in a couple days! There's a farm up the road that does extreme cowboy challenges. We'd get you some hills and whatnot to keep Dixie in condition. And then there'd be someone for me to ride with!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quick question for you - Is your mare a Medicine Hat Horse? She has the "hat" and the "chest" patches, but I can't tell from the pictures if she has the "heart" ones. She is very pretty and if she is a Medicine Hat, then you are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, she's only got half a hat - the one side of her face is dark. She's got the chest marking and one splotch on each flank. Her tail is (supposed to be) white. Dunno what that makes her!

      Delete

Feel free to comment!