Friday, January 16, 2009

Danger, Will Robinson

Yall northerners will get a kick out of this.

It's dangerously brutally cold here today. So cold, in fact, that local public and private schools are cancelled. The news ran helpful tips on how to stay alive should your car break down. I'm sure the grocery stores were packed last night with people desperately stocking up on milk and bread in case they couldn't leave the house today.

Currently, it's 12 and sunny. That's positive 12 degrees Fahrenheit. Twelve is SO COLD we can't send our kids to school. The high is going to be 27. Though I may lose a hand to frostbite, I am going to brave the cold to visit my horses. I'm so hardcore!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe they closed schools because of the cold weather. We've got -1 this morning. That's too cold for me, but hopefully it should warm up by Monday.Have a good day with your horse and cover those little digits so they don't get frostbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate, it's 8 degrees here in Pennsylvania and the cold water in my house is frozen. That's never happened to me in the five years I've been here. This is way too cold for me, I'm not going outside today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 6 degrees here but it was just reading -1 less than an hour ago. HOORAY that today is my day off!!!! Currently, I'm sitting here nursing a mug of hot cocoa and contemplating a hot shower....

    .... and then, of course, Gogo needs a handwalk so I have to brave the cold anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was 12 degrees when I got in my car this morning.

    As one of my co-workers said after I laughed at this, "do schools there have no heat?"

    Hahaha!

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha. it was -14 here this morning, and our high was 12! that's without windchill. granted, i did want to cry after 10 minutes without my gloves... but we did manage, against the odds, to survive the cold.... probably owing to a nice thick layer of blubber ;-)

    hope things warm up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol! We had -7 last night, -13 in the neighboring town overnight (unreported for my town), and still had to stand at the bus stop this morning at 0F, with frozen pipes.

    This is NOT my idea of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 9 degrees here! I remember in Ohio when I was in college it was -14. We still had to WALK to classes.
    Lucky buggers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, I have no idea why they closed school yesterday. I guess so the lil tots wouldn't freeze waiting for the bus? Seems like it was quite cold everywhere (except Hawaii!) yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!