Monday, November 24, 2008

Another epic fail!

What's wrong with this picture?

IMG_1073.JPG


Look, here's a closeup.

IMG_1074.JPG


Yeah, I kinda shot my truck. But not with a gun, I'm actually very very gun safety conscious! I accidentally shot my truck with an arrow.

I went over to my friend's house and he was like "Look at this bow I just got; it's totally badass!"

Me: "That's awesome!"

Him: "You wanna shoot it?"

Me: "Hell yeah!"

I try to draw it and damn it's hard as hell to draw a 40 lb bow. Waaaay harder than I thought it would be.

Me: "I don't think I can pull this."

Him: "Yes you can! PULL HARDER!"

My tomboy rage boils over and I pull as hard as I can and then slip and THWUNK shoot my truck. I burst out laughing and he was mortified and said he'd pay for the window. I'm not going to let him; I'm the one who a) wanted to shoot the bow and b) carelessly shot my own truck.

After shooting the truck we went off away from everything we cared about and I kept trying til I finally shot a tree. Bows are cool. Don't point them at anything you care about. Hell, don't point them within 45 degrees of anything you care about!



I think the Rangemaster sticker really makes the composition of the photo.

8 comments:

  1. FUNNY! You made me laugh out loud. And yes, the bullseye sticker is perfect as is the apparent miss.

    Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn it all...too bad you did not hit the bulleye...cold have won money for that hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fargin hilarious! Sounds like something i would do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now your truck knows why, sometime before Agincourt, the French said that they'd cut off the first two fingers of every archer that they caught.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks yall :)

    dp - well, I am going to fix it but I still haven't even called around and priced a replacement pane yet.

    My friend's (30 year old) brother saw it Friday and he started POKING it. I had to yell at him to stop. I'm kind of dreading if someone pokes it and the whole little window falls in.

    WHP - English archers did in fact cross my mind. I tried to draw the bow, failed, and thought "Dammit, if a scrawny malnourished English peasant could draw 60 lbs I can definitely draw 40!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting here, now that you've posted the link to Mel...OMG. You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kryptonite: If you imply that I'm a wuss for not doing something, I am forced to do that thing. I'm like a 12 year old boy.

    Also, for the record, I never fixed that window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy hell, this is awesomely funny. I have a bumper on my car that I refuse to fix because I damaged it in a funny story and because it's not really that noticeable. Some car damage, especially if your not intending to sell the car, just doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment!