Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tevis 2

I don't trust this program not to eat my enormous post, so I'll split it up.

After 89, we hopped back in the Durango and headed to get coffee. The 7-11 had a bear proof trash can out front, so I took a tourist picture of it. I took a couple of "Hey Ma lookie here!" shots - they're all in the iPhone album.

IMG_0727

Then we went back to I-80 and zoomed down to Auburn, then got on a tiny road and zoomed back east. The road got smaller and the views got more stunning, and after an hour or so we were on a Theoretical Road carved into a mountain, headed up to Robinson Flat. There may have been some dude named Robinson at one point but it sure as hell wasn't flat!

Not flat, but pretty like WOAH.
IMG_0749

Here's one for EG:
IMG_0747

We got swank press parking by some huge logs. Yes, they were the biggest logs I've ever seen. Yes, I got pictures of me standing by them, looking really dorky in really comfortable clothes. Hey Ma!

IMG_0750

On the way up to RF, when I had a half a bar of cell signal, the realtor called and asked if we could meet him at 1? LOL, of course. I yelled to call G, then lost the call. Managed to get out a few texts telling G that if he'd sign to accept the counteroffer, then put it in our Dropbox, I could sign and fax it back that night in Auburn.

We had an hour or so to wait in RF. I wandered around and boggled at everything. That's also the point where I realized how HARD it is to crew Tevis. I think most rides the crew has to work really hard to not punch the rider for being a bitch, but at Tevis you have to drive literally hundreds of miles, drag gear miles in carts, clean up, AND not punch the bitchy rider.

Awesome hay bag

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Feel free to comment!